Foundation Repair 101: What Strategy Is Right to Make Your Home Safe and Structurally Sound?
- by Karl
A deteriorating or damaged building foundation is a big problem. Call in foundation repair pros to solve the issue and ensure your safety and security.
Have you noticed cracks in your basement walls or in your home’s exterior? Are your floors tilting or your walls bowing? Do you live in an old structure that’s had years to settle? Did you recently experience an earthquake, flood, or other disaster that shifted your foundation? Then it’s time to call in a foundation repair expert.
Hawk Crawlspace & Foundation Repair has been fixing foundations since 1978. We are experts at repairing sinking, sagging, and uneven foundations. We use the latest technology and equipment to provide a permanent solution to your foundation problems. Our team of professionals is dedicated to providing you with quality service and a lasting repair. Give us a call today!
Getting foundation repairs at the first sign of a problem is key in keeping your home safe and stable. Even small cracks can become major issues down the line-sometimes sooner than you’d imagine. Temperature changes and moisture seepage can weaken deteriorating concrete and cause cracks to grow. The longer you wait to fix a foundation problem, the more complicated the repairs will be and the more those repairs will cost. But with a foundation repair contractor on your side, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.
If you’re dealing with foundation problems, Hawk Crawlspace & Foundation Repair is here to help. With over 25 years of experience, we can diagnose and fix any issue quickly and efficiently. We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure your repairs are done right the first time. Contact us today for a free consultation!
Depending on the type of foundation problems you’re experiencing and the severity of the issue, your foundation contractor might recommend various strategies. Common foundation repair options include:
- Foundation crack repair: If the cracks in your foundation are small and aren’t yet affecting the larger structure of the building, you may only need standard foundation crack repair. Your foundation contractor will inject a solution, such as an epoxy or polyurethane foam, into the cracks to completely fill them. As the solution hardens, it not only stabilizes the foundation and stops the cracks from growing, but also waterproofs the area.
- Underpinning: If your foundation is shifting, sinking, or crumbling, you may need to reinforce it from underneath in a process known as underpinning. Foundation contractors can excavate beneath the damaged foundation and push it back up into place by filling the area with more concrete and by driving piers or footings further into the ground to brace the repaired foundation.
- Wall braces and anchors: For bowed walls, major cracks, and other problems resulting from a settling or crumbling foundation, your foundation repair contractor might recommend bracing or anchoring. Wall braces are steel beams attached to the inside walls in your basement or crawl space to stabilize the area. Anchoring, meanwhile, involves sending a steel rod down through the foundation into the ground below. The bottom of the rod anchors the foundation, while the top of the rod is attached to the walls to keep them straight.
- Carbon fiber reinforcement: In certain cases, carbon fiber reinforcement might be a viable alternative to a standard steel wall brace. A newer development in foundation and crack repair, carbon fiber products are lightweight and sleek while still being able to bear large weight loads. A foundation repair pro will use an epoxy adhesive to bond the carbon fiber panels to damaged areas.
If you’re experiencing foundation problems, Hawk Crawlspace & Foundation Repair is here to help. We offer comprehensive repair services that will get your home back to its former glory. Our experienced professionals use only the latest and most advanced techniques and equipment, so you can rest assured knowing your home is in good hands. Contact us today for a free consultation!
A deteriorating or damaged building foundation is a big problem. Call in foundation repair pros to solve the issue and ensure your safety and security. Have you noticed cracks in your basement walls or in your home’s exterior? Are your floors tilting or your walls bowing? Do you live in an old structure that’s had…
- DION’S COMPLETE Plumbing, Heating & Cooling | Brighton (734) 352-9736
- Locksmith Knights Raleigh | Raleigh (919) 397-5583
- Davtyan Law Firm, Inc, 880 E Broadway, Glendale, CA 91205, 18552053681
- Revolution Builders, LLC, Medford, OR, (541) 210-3205
- Christinis Ristorante Italiano, Orlando FL, (407) 545-6867